Job Description Perform professional and administrative work planning and directing operations of the airport. The primary duty of this position is to ensure a safe, efficient, and cost effective operation of the airport. Additionally, the General Manager must have the skills to identify economic opportunities, market these opportunities and execute the necessary programs and plans to attract and bring to fruition the identified opportunities and business developments. It is critical the General Manager have a functional knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration regulations. The General Manager should have experience in airport operations, general aviation and commercial operations, as well as the ability to increase airport business and increase revenue generation. The selected individual will also have a basic awareness of legislative processes at the local, state and federal levels and can demonstrate their ability to work collaboratively with airport staff, city, county and federal personnel.
• Working knowledge of FAA AIP Grant funding programs.
• Familiarity with various ACRP program manuals and guidebooks.
• Experience and knowledge of FAA CFR’s and FAR’s.
• Comprehensive knowledge of airport operation and maintenance.
• Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials and practices employed in building and grounds maintenance, including the maintenance of paving and proper drainage of land.
• Ability to supervise and inspect the work of subordinates engaged in administrative, custodial, maintenance and public service tasks.
• Ability to keep financial reports and prepare reports.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Airport Management, Aviation Business Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, or related field preferred.
• Ten (10) years of experience in Federal Airport Regulation Part 139 certified airport operations and management, including five (5) years of professional level supervising preferred but not required.
• Airport executive accreditation or enrollment, Airport Security Coordinator certification and aircraft rescue firefighting training perferred.
• Pilot certificate preferred; and valid driver's license required. • Demonstrated computer abilities to include using the full range of Microsoft office products, QuickBooks and video technologies.
• Verifiable and proven ability to manage and develop personnel.
• Must pass a drug and alcohol screening and have no DUI’/DWI’ or drug related convictions.
Additional Salary Information: Salary based on qualifications and experience