Reporting directly to the CEO, Kim Becker, the Vice President, Revenue Management & Innovation is responsible for leading Authority departments focused on air service and business development, marketing, innovation and revenue management to integrate efforts with the Airport’s Strategic Plan. You will need to identify, evaluate, develop, negotiate, and implement new revenue enhancement strategies and initiatives that enhance the customer experience. In addition, you will ensure the Airport Authority engages in a proactive and productive manner with relevant business interests and stakeholders, both on-and off-airport. The Vice President, Revenue Management & Innovation must exhibit a continuous focus on an enhanced customer experience, an appreciation for the role of a public agency as a steward of community assets, and a relentless drive for results. An ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate an approach to leadership that engages and mobilizes a diverse team of employees in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary manner with the following specific responsibilities:
• Create a consistent, customer-centric brand experience by developing and executing marketing plans and promotions for both aeronautical and non-aeronautical business lines.
• Plans, integrates and evaluates the work of assigned departments to ensure that facilities and services comply with the policies and strategic direction set by the President/CEO, Board of Directors;
• Participates in formulation of the Authority’s strategic plan and other long-range operational, route service, facilities and resource plans consistent with the Authority’s vision and values;
• Provides leadership and works with assigned management team to develop and retain highly productive, customer oriented staff through selection, compensation, training and day-to-day management practices which support the Authority’s mission, vision, values and operating objectives;
• Directs and oversees the revenue generation strategies required to achieve organizational vision and goals and to meet the growing needs of the San Diego region;
• Interprets President/CEO and Board of Director instructions and requests; makes interpretations of federal, state and local ordinances, policies, and applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance within assigned areas of accountability;
• Within departmental areas of accountability, serves as the Authority’s representative to professional, industry and community groups and customers and to other agencies, organizations and individuals; and
• Provide expert advice on concessions, parking, ground transportation and other commercial matters. Work with various municipal, regional, state and federal agencies including the FAA, local organizations, community groups and the public.
• Coordinate the development of the division’s annual budgets and manage the department leaders in the performance of their teams against budgeted goals; ensure all budgets remain at or below established targets.
• Manage issues that arise during both regular business hours and off hours, including weekends and holidays; resolve operational and management issues, consulting to solicit multiple perspectives and solve underlying problems.
About San Diego International Airport
Korn/Ferry International is the preeminent global people and organizational advisory firm. We opened our first office in Los Angeles in 1969 and currently operate in 114 offices in 53 countries. We have the ability to deliver our human capital and executive search solutions on a global basis, wherever our clients do business. We work on behalf of our clients, and in this instance, it is the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority.