The Pilot is responsible to provide a superior air transportation experience with a continued safety record second to none on each and every flight. The Pilot is the face of NetJets providing not only technically accurate and safe transportation but also providing an exceptional service experience for every NetJets Owner and passenger. The Pilot is expected to effectively wear many hats resulting in a concierge service level experience with roles ranging from professional aviator to in-flight service provider. The Pilot is in full command of the aircraft at all times and must always maintain a professional demeanor.
Responsible for the safe operation of the aircraft from taxi, take-off and landing of each flight per FAA guidelines, Original Equipment Manufacture's (OEM) Checklists, NetJets Flight Operations Manual (FOM) or Aircraft Operating Manual (AOM), and Standard Operating Practices (SOP's).
Greets Owners/passengers pre-flight, makes introductions and briefs them on the specific flight/trip and verifies itinerary/provides passengers with weather updates and safety briefings and explains any changes to itinerary. Must deliver as needed, in-flight service including the handling of alcohol and the service of catering. Must load and properly stow on aircraft all baggage as needed. Must be able to handle and conduct flights for Owner's with pets and those who smoke.
Act as the final authority on his/her aircraft with respect to all areas of operation including the compliance with all applicable safety and regulatory guidance.
Acts as a liaison for Owners/ passengers and NetJets from the time the Owners/passengers arrive at the FBO until they have safely landed at their final destination and have departed the final FBO.
Responsible for properly communicating any maintenance abnormalities or discrepancies to the Company via the aircraft Maintenance Control Center (MCC) Controller on duty for their fleet. Additionally, must properly complete any paperwork associated with maintenance abnormalities or discrepancies.
Other duties as assigned depending on assignment.
Education: High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.Types of Certifications/Licenses: Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate, (Airplane Multi-Engine Land); Valid First Class Medical certificate.
Qualifications: * 2500 hours total flying experience with at least 500 hours at the controls of a fixed wing, multi-engine aircraft * 250 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated in flight excluding simulator time).
Other Essential Qualifications:
*Must be able to work varying hours including day and night; weekdays, weekends and holidays.
* Must be extremely flexible and demonstrate the ability to adjust to rapid changes.
* Must be able to manage his or her rest in order to be prepared for flight duty at all times during their tour.
* Duty may last for as long as fourteen hours per day for up to eight days and may span different time zones and extreme weather differences in the course of a trip. While on duty may be away from home for seven or more days and nights, staying in hotels.
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
*Must be able to pass Transportation Security Administration required background screening, secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges."
* Must have a valid United States passport and be able to travel internationally without restrictions
* Must have a valid State driver's license.
* Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
* Must be service-oriented with a neat, well-groomed appearance and a demonstrated ability to make a positive impression including a strong capability to effectively interact with passengers.
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, especially under pressure.
* Must demonstrate the ability to make quick and accurate decisions while paying close attention to detail, both technically and from a passenger-service perspective.
* Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Must be able to work around animals, including the handling and care prior to, during and after Owner flights.
* Must be able to conduct flights for Owners who smoke.
NetJets® Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the worldwide leader in private aviation and provides the safest and most secure private aviation solutions. NetJets fractional aircraft ownership allows individuals and companies to buy a share of a private business jet at a fraction of the cost of whole aircraft ownership, and guarantees availability 365 days a year with just a few hours’ notice.
The NetJets programs worldwide offer the largest and most diversified fleet in private aviation, which includes 13 of the most popular business jet types in the world.
The Marquis Jet Card® provides access to the NetJets program through a 25-hour jet card.
NetJets Inc. also offers aircraft management, charter management, and on-demand charter services through its subsidiary, Executive Jet® Management. More information on NetJets, the Marquis Jet Card, and Executive Jet Management is available at www.netjets.com.