Manages assigned capital improvement projects to ensure that they are well planned, coordinated, scoped, budgeted and designed; constructed safely, on schedule, within budget, with good quality, with minimal operational impacts and with positive effects on security. Acts as a mentor and advisor to other Project Managers and participates in internal peer reviews.
Assists Program Managers in developing specific projects for the Capital Program.
1. Assists the Program Managers by identifying active and potential projects to be included in the Capital Program. 2. Presents specific project data and technical information for ongoing and proposed projects to support Operating Departments’ goals. Tracks and analyzes schedule, funding, percent complete, etc., for ongoing projects. Provides preliminary schedule and cost estimates for projects. 3. Assists in coordinating and securing all necessary internal and external Massport project approvals. 4. Prepares and presents briefings to the CEO/Board of Directors on selected projects. 5. Keeps the Program Manager informed of the status of work on a regular basis.
Leads the consultant delivery process.
1. Prepares, coordinates and reviews consultant Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP). 2. Conducts Pre-Proposal Conferences as required. 3 Serves as a voting member on the Designer Selection Panel. 4. Provides technical and professional assistance in ranking and evaluating proposals. 5. Leads contract and fee negotiation process.
Works in conjunction with consultants during the design phase to ensure adherence to scope, budget and schedule.
1. Monitors and reviews consultants’ contract work including plans and specifications to ensure adherence to financial, technical, scope definition and schedule requirements. 2. Reviews BIM execution plans and BIM models, as needed. 3. Leads meetings and reviews documents to ensure that the project stays on track. 4. Identifies an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Champion and keeps the O&M Champion involved in the design development. 5. Oversees consultant and project costs while ensuring quality of work. 6. Reviews, tracks, and recommends payment of consultant invoices. 7. Coordinates and provides support to Capital Programs staff as needed. 8. Resolves issues that arise during project planning and design. 9. Supports Massport’s Lean efforts by facilitating Last Planner system ™ sessions, as needed.
Manages consultant, contractor and engineering services during the construction phase.
1. Coordinates the construction bidding and contract award process. 2. Coordinates and conducts pre-construction conferences. 3. Travels to the construction site and observes/monitors construction quality and progress. 4. Directs the consultant and contractor during construction, as appropriate. 5. Manages the resident engineering and inspection forces assigned to the project. 6. Conducts meetings with stakeholders regarding project progress and issues. 7. Ensures timely and accurate completion of submittal and RFI logs, daily progress reports, and construction and financial reports. 8. Reviews and approves of consultant and contractor requests for payment, amendments and change orders, and obtains necessary approvals through the Massport Board of Directors. 9. Ensures Massport compliance with construction/building related permits. 10. Manages the project change order process. Negotiates change orders and recommends approval. 11. Ensures timely response to shop drawing and RFI submittals. 12. Manages BIM deliverables. 13. Monitors contractors’ work for safety, quality, cost, schedule, cleanliness and minimizing the impact to operations. 14. Ensures proper commissioning of the facility and closeout of the project including preliminary inspection, certificate of occupancy, punch list, as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, operations training, guarantees and warranties, final cleanup and final inspection. 15. Evaluates the consultant and contractor. 16. Employs Lean Construction principles on construction activities as appropriate.
Establishes and maintains coordination with public, private and community agencies or groups to ensure project goals are achieved.
1. Provides liaison with other departments on such activities as tenant coordination, FAA/MassDOT/FHWA interface, AIP funding, insurance, badging, operational impacts, community impacts, etc. 2. Provides input to the environmental process and participates in public hearings. 3. Conducts presentations to various internal and external groups interested in the projects.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Provides supervision and technical guidance to assistant project managers, engineers, resident engineers and support staff on selected projects.
Manages multiple capital projects at a given time.
Maintains project central files, as appropriate.
Provides design and construction management services on in-house projects, as assigned.
Provides in-house technical input and technical reviews in area of professional expertise.
Maintains information relevant to measuring and controlling project progress from design through construction.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of diversified professional architectural or engineering experience of which no less than 6 years have been in managing large complex capital projects. Experience in design and construction related to airfield facilities, including airfield pavements, signage, markings, lighting, and related infrastructure is required. Familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration’s planning, design, and construction standards. Experience in construction management and management of public agency projects is desirable.
UNIQUE EXPERTISE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATIONS: 1. Massachusetts Registered Professional Engineer or Architect. 2. Massachusetts Class D (III) drivers’ license. 3. Experience and working knowledge of the Massachusetts public bidding process and public bidding laws. 4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Primavera. 5. Knowledge of budgetary principles and practices. 6. Demonstrated organizational, personal management, and communication skills required. 7. Ability to pass a Massport background check and obtain a Massport Security Badge. 8. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome License. 9. Ability to pass Massport pre-placement physical, controlled substance testing, and background security check. 10. Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker’s Identification Credential (TWIC). 11. Experience in construction management and public agency projects. 12. Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is desired.
WORK SCHEDULE: Ability to work 37.5 hour work week, and ability to meet fluctuating work load demands, as necessary.
Please email resume to email@example.com
The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is a world-class independent public authority which develops, promotes and manages airports, the seaport and transportation infrastructure to enable Massachusetts and New England to compete successfully in the global marketplace.
We are Logan International Airport, New England's gateway to the world and the nation's 19th busiest airport.
We are L.G. Hanscom Field, the region's premier general aviation airport.
We are Worcester Regional Airport, an emerging gateway serving the growing needs of Central Massachusetts.
We are the Tobin Memorial Bridge, Boston's major link to Points North and a vital artery for tens of thousands of workers who rely on the bridge for their daily commute.
We are the Port of Boston, whose hundreds of waterfront businesses and more than 9,000 workers, bring hundreds of thousands of cruise passengers through Boston and ship more than a million tons of cargo every year.
We are the Massachusetts Port Authority. Our facilities employ more than 20,000 people and generate more than $8 billion for the region's economy every year. By safely and securely moving passengers and goods, our airports, seaport ...and other world-class transportation facilities lay the foundation of individual freedom and economic prosperity for New England in today's global marketplace.