Under the general supervision of the Operations Supervisor, performs a variety of duties as dictated by operational requirements of both the Middle Georgia Regional Airport and Macon Downtown Airport. Tasks include:
- Conducting daily airfield inspections, identifying and reporting airfield deficiencies, maintaining the Wildlife Hazard Management Program, and responding to all emergency alerts.
- Ensuring airfield security is maintained and provide escort to pedestrians and vehicles in secured areas.
- Issuing, recording, and monitoring all NOTAMS, via FAA Digital NOTAM Manager.
- Monitoring and coordinating all construction projects.
- Acts as liaison with all responding agencies during emergency situations.
- Monitoring daily weather and provides tenants with severe weather notifications.
- May be asked to assist maintenance personnel with projects and operate heavy equipment on occasion.
- May be asked to assist management with marketing, business development, air service development, IT/social media, and/or other areas of airport management.
- Four-year degree in Aviation Management, Airport Operations, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field of study, required.
- One year or greater in Airport Operations, or other relevant experience, preferred.
- Pilot's license is a significant plus, but not required.
- Excellent, proved interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact and represent the company with airport tenants, state and federal authorities, and other organizations on a professional level.
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver's License with an acceptable driving record, or be able to obtain within first month of employment.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other TBI employees, airline employees, and federal/state aviation agencies.
- General knowledge of computer applications, software and hardware; including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive Suite.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time throughout the course of daily activities. The employee is regularly required to climb, lift, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The Operations Coordinator works in an airport environment with interpersonal interaction with people of varying levels of sophistication. The work day may be subject to frequent interruptions and distractions. Therefore, the ability to manage conflicting priorities and associated stress is critical to position success. Stress associated with responding to/solving issues, inquiries and/or complaints from employees, passengers, airport tenants and regulatory agencies. Operations are dynamic and situations may require immediate attention. This position has high exposure to the public and requires a professional approach and demeanour under all conditions. It also requires a genuine willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs, including individuals with disabilities.
Normal Working Hours:
Normal working hours for this position will vary by shift. Shifts may include weekends, holidays, and irregular hours, according to the operational necessity of the airport.
Additional Salary Information: Position includes a full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance, PTO and sick time, and 401k.
About TBI Airport Management, Inc.
TBI Airport Management, Inc. and TBI US Operations, Inc.