Kukes International Airport will be a small size Airport based in Kukes, north east of Albania. It will be Albania's second international airport. The main focus of the airport will be to attract low cost airlines. Kukes International Airport will be operational on September 2020.
KIA is looking for a strong leader to join our Airside Operations Department as an Airport Operations Manager - Emergency Operations. In this role you will manage and control the day-to-day operations at KIA to ensure the efficient movement of aircraft and the safety of those using the airport.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with previous leadership experience. This position requires a person to be skilled at building and maintaining relationships throughout the airport, as well as having a strong grasp of the operational airfield duties. We are looking for someone who can think strategically and support upper management by being willing to available 24/7/365. This is a great opportunity for someone to take their career to the next level.
* Manage airport operations to ensure efficient flow, safety, and adherence to applicable federal and local rules and regulations. Supervises the work of other operational staff involved in the efficient movement of aircraft and the safety of the traveling public.
Acts as Incident Commander or EOC Manager for all airport emergencies such as aircraft alerts, snow emergencies, severe weather, irregular operations, security breaches, train system shutdown, medical emergencies, power failures, hazardous materials incidents, and bomb threats or any other terminal/concourse emergencies as well as landside roadway incidents that may impact passenger flow through the facility.
* Negotiates and coordinates with airport stakeholders to balance the needs of each group to optimize operations while accomplishing critical airport activities with a minimum impact on the operation of the airport.
* Develops, coordinates, and executes the airport snow plan for each snow event. Initiates and cancels all levels of Airport Snow Alerts and Snow Emergencies. Monitors runway conditions for snow contamination and coordinates its removal. Ensures the aircraft flow rate is optimized by coordinating snow removal operations with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
* Supervises one or more collateral duties or special projects such as the Airport Emergency Plan development in accordance with ICAO and Albanian law requirements as well as all supporting Standard Operating Guidelines, department training, etc.
* Develops or modifies work plans, methods and procedures, determines work priorities and develops work schedules to provide adequate staff coverage.
* Provides work instruction and assists employees with difficult and/or unusual assignments; encourages innovation. Assigns and distributes work, reviews work for accuracy and completeness and returns assignments with recommendations for proper completion.
* Anticipates and resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions; promotes teamwork. Encourages regular communication, informs staff of relevant business issues and their impact on the organization. * Documents causes for disciplinary action and initiates letters of reprimand and makes formal recommendations for disciplinary action.
* Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Interested candidates please submit an application and CV as soon as possible and before March 20, 2019 at the attention of: