The City of San Jose - Mineta San Jose International Airport is recruiting for a Supervising Accountant.
The incumbent of this position, under the general supervision of the Principal Accountant, is responsible for work of considerable difficulty. The Supervising Accountant is directly responsible for complex analytical work related to management of the Airport’s bond and commercial paper programs and compliance with local, State, and Federal laws, regulations, and the City Council adopted Debt Management Policy, and will work closely with the debt and investments teams within the City Finance’s Treasury Division.
The Supervising Accountant would take a lead role in working in the Airport’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and oversee grant/passenger facility charges (PFCs) accounting and accounts payable (AP) functions and staff.
1. Education: Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, including at least 18 semester units in accounting subjects
2. Experience: Five (5) years of experience at the working level of a professional accountant, including two (2) years in a supervising position.
3. Acceptable Substitutions: None
4. Licenses or Certificates: Possession of a valid State of California driver's license may be required.
5. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will NOT sponsor, represent or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application. Candidates are required to satisfactorily complete and pass a fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check prior to being considered for a position in this class at the Airport. This Airport position requires a background check and a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) check. The candidate must be fingerprinted and qualify under all applicable TSA and Airport regulations.
About City of San Jose, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
San José’s quality of life is unsurpassed. Located roughly 50 miles south of San Francisco and 30 miles east of Pacific Coast beaches, the City is in a valley surrounded by the Diablo and Santa Cruz mountain ranges and enjoys an average of 300 days of sunshine a year. The City is readily accessible to the beaches along the California coast including Monterey and Carmel, Yosemite and Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevadas, Napa Valley, and the rich cultural life of the entire region. Universities in and near San José include San José State University, Santa Clara University, Stanford University, University of California at Berkeley, University of California at San Francisco, and University of California at Santa Cruz.
Those living and working in San José have access to the City’s many attractions, cultural and performing arts, and recreational opportunities. A year-round calendar of festivals and celebrations supports the community spirit. Nearby open space provides easy access to mountain parks, trails, lakes, and streams. San José has received accolades for its living and working climate from publications including Business Week and Money Magazine, as well as other national media. R...ecently, Spering’s Best Places rated San Jose #1 as the healthiest city in America.
Mineta San José International Airport (SJC) is managed by the City of San José’s Aviation Department as an enterprise operation. The Airport has a eleven-member Advisory Board appointed by the Mayor and City Council.